Wireless Systems Integration Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and unusually hardworking Wireless Systems Integration Manager. As a member of our multifaceted group, you will have the rare and exciting opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions. In this leadership role, you will manage a growing team to complete physical layer system bringup, integration and feature verification on state-of-the-art wireless SoC products at the center of a silicon design group from conception to production.
- This is a management role that requires industry experience in system design, integration, bringing up and productization of wireless communication systems and experience in a management or lead position.
- Experience in bringing up a wireless communication system chip including initial bringup/tuning of key blocks, tuning of the tx/rx chains, and/or implementation and optimization of radio or phy communication or calibration algorithms.
- Good understanding of communication theory and signal processing related algorithms (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, etc.)
- Experience using and understanding of the theory of operation of lab equipment (spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.).
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge in existing wireless communication protocols: LTE/WCDMA/GSM, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax/be, 802.11ad/ay or Bluetooth/BLE.
- Experience with Python, Matlab, Shell scripting and/or C/C++
Manage the chip bringup, integration, and tuning effort including technical leadership and support for the following responsibilities. Lead the bringup and integration for state-of-the-art physical layer wireless communication algorithms such as RF/circuit impairment mitigation, new protocols, coexistence, interference mitigation, AGC and more. Hire, mentor, and provide feedback to build a world class team that functions effectively in our high performance environment. Manage the design and implementation of calibration algorithms for golden reference, factory, and real time operation of the wireless system. Bringup, validate, and tune radio performance on emulation, simulation and silicon to achieve optimal real world performance over PVT. Develop and maintain a Python / Matlab based bringup, integration, and debug environment. Develop integration and verification plans and work with automation/test engineers to implement the same, collect and analyze test result, identify and debug issues.
Education & Experience
BS degree in technical discipline with minimum 10 years of relevant experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.