Custom Silicon Management Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for design engineering professionals with strong leadership, managerial courage, and communication abilities to ensure that our 3rd party developed analog/mixed-signal Custom Silicon designs meet the technical, quality and schedule requirements for all of our hardware products. In this position, you will represent Apple in front of our custom silicon vendors all over the world. You will be responsible for driving the full Silicon development cycle from initial concept, vendor selection, implementation, validation, and qualification through ramp for mass production. You will use your deep technical knowledge including effective program/project management skills to drive silicon program schedules and resolve technical issues that enable timely silicon delivery to Apple products. Additionally, you will forge strategic relationships with internal and external leadership to influence prioritization, lead issue resolution, communicate status/issues/next steps and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proven experience leading a full SOC design flow, from concept to mass production
- Technical Program/Project Management or related technical leadership experience
- Experience with vendor relationships, influencing external decision-making and prioritization
- Passion for driving continuous improvements in flows, communication and organization
- Understanding of hardware and software integration challenges.
- Familiarity with both analog and digital design and development flows.
- Experience working in a multifaceted fast-paced & multi-functional engineering environment and real-time crisis leadership skills.
- Strong desire to own/drive project development using well-defined metrics & methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- You will work as part of the PM team responsible for driving technical issue resolution to enable timely silicon to meet daring product schedules and driving internal processes to guarantee high-quality Silicon definition and timely execution. - Drive Silicon issues to closure demonstrating and leading multi-functional teams internally and externally in areas such as Design, Modeling, Embedded Firmware, Verification, Validation, Process Technology, Packaging, Quality, Failure Analysis, System Hardware and Core Software. - Focus design teams on meeting commitments, achievements and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right multi-functional technical specialists to resolve issues using data-driven decisions. - Drive technical sessions with suppliers to supervise and follow up on issues/partner concerns. - Highly focused on issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks and status. - Willing to travel frequently to vendor sites, as needed — approximately 10% of the time
Education & Experience
BS + 10 years of relevant experience.