Power and Performance Hardware Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you highly detailed and skilled at developing creative solutions? Do you love controlling even the smallest details to craft highly organized structures? Do you enjoy building elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? In this role, you will work with a team to provide power and performance data on shipping cellular baseband and SoC solutions and inform future direction. This work is a vital component of the quality and efficiency of Apple’s future products. Join this group, and you’ll have a direct impact on the technology that shapes Apple’s customer experiences. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel they can trust their devices every single day. Apple’s Platform Architecture group is looking for a motivated technician with a strong background in SoC level power and performance instrumentation, cellular RF feed point instrumentation, and analysis. Ideally, you are ambitious with initiative and passion for accurate data gathering and analysis. Additionally, you have experience in instrumenting platforms and SoCs for power and RF measurement, running experiments, and have a good understanding of basic computer system architecture.
- 4+ years of related experience and expert background in:
- Identifying, scoping and performing necessary reworks to enable fine-grained power on commercial samples
- Gathering power data with a focus on accuracy
- Understanding expected workload behavior as well as impacts of other system level effects like thermals
You will perform power instrumentations and gather performance and power data on shipping products and work with a team to communicate findings and inform further actions.
Education & Experience
4+ years minimum related experience required.
- Familiarity with modern consumer electronics devices and SoCs
- Familiarity with best practices for device instrumentation and micro-reworks