Next Generation Wireless Modem Prototype Lead
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Come and work on challenges that no one has solved yet! We invite you to join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
- Proven track record in prototyping of cellular 4G/5G user equipment or base station systems using proof-of-concept HW or FPGA platforms
- Experience in setting up and managing lab activities including defining end-to-end setup with DUT, emulators, faders, RF transceivers and lineups, and OTA chambers
- Experience in deploying test equipment solutions for cellular user equipment or base station tests for RF, PHY and e2e behavior and performance measurements
- Knowledge of 3GPP LTE or NR standards including UE physical layer, UE procedures, packet processing layer, radio resource control and management
- Experience with network performance and power monitoring tools
- Prior experience coordinating with leading wireless infrastructure partners for feature development and demos both in lab and field is a plus
- Prior experience generating contributions based on research findings for wireless standardization bodies or consortia is a plus
As a Next-gen Wireless Modem Prototype Lead, you will be responsible for driving modem prototyping activities both within Apple and with partners. You will be responsible for coordinating prototyping activities cross-functionally using proof-of-concept HW or FPGA platforms for a system comprising modem physical layer, packet processing and RF sub-systems. This position requires a strong technical lead with prior experience in prototyping 4G or 5G cellular modem systems both in the lab and in the field. You will be working with a seasoned team of systems, hardware and software experts to prototype innovative designs. In this role, you will: • Lead the definition of common reference architecture that can be used for conducting specific next-gen wireless experiments pertaining to physical layer, RF, packet processing and innovative AI/ML concepts applied to cellular design • Own lab planning and setup activities including set up of DUT, base station emulators, and network performance monitoring tools • Coordinate with Test Equipment and component vendors for prototyping needs • Develop plans for system integration and bring up in lab and field towards feature and IP prototyping • Develop test framework for bring up and validation at sub-system level and end-to-end scope • Drive bring up, interoperability/development testing and performance testing activities with external partners for next-gen technology development and demonstration
Education & Experience
BS and 10+ years of relevant experience.