Next Generation Wireless Modem Architect
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Come and work on challenges that no one has solved yet! We invite you to join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
- Proven track record in design and prototyping of 4G/5G or IEEE 802.11/WiFi wireless systems.
- Experience with design and/or implementation of processing steps/algorithms for OFDM PHY receiver like channel estimation, Demodulation, Decoding and packet processing (e.g., MAC/RLC).
- Experience in defining system partitioning, control plane and data processing partitions, design mapping to different processing elements.
- Experience with prototyping or emulation of wireless designs using FPGA’s.
- Experience with performance benchmarking including resource utilization and power analysis for FPGA systems.
- Experience with AXI-based fabrics and high-speed interface protocols including MIPI, PCIe, Ethernet.
- Experience in memory sub-system architecture for baseband modem is a plus.
As a Next-gen Wireless Modem Prototype Architect, you will be responsible for modem prototype system architecture. You will be responsible for architecting state of the art wireless communication system prototypes and development platforms that includes modem physical layer, packet processing and RF sub-systems. This position requires someone with prior experience in architecting 4G or 5G cellular modem systems or IEEE 802.11/Wi-Fi products and prototyping reference design on FPGA platforms. You will be working with a seasoned team of systems, hardware and software experts with the goal of developing features and IP’s for Apple products. In this role, you will: • Be responsible for prototyping reference design on FPGA’s including analysis of requirements and developing reference architecture for next-gen cellular wireless modem prototype using FPGA’s. • Develop HW-SW partitioning and design mapping to different sub-systems within the FPGA. • Collaborate with hardware design and firmware/software teams during the prototype development phase. • Guide FPGA performance benchmarking and drive component selection and vendor engagement. • Define system KPI’s related to clock frequency, resource utilization, CPI, etc. required for meeting performance and power targets.
Education & Experience
BS and 10+ years of relevant experience.