Wireless Silicon Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you passionate about changing the world? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day! We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly, and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles. Come join a team of expert software and hardware engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds (Cellular Modems, Connectivity solutions, Device Drivers, CPUs and caching, kernel programming, embedded systems) to test Apple's next generation Wireless SoCs! As part of the Silicon Validation team, you will define and develop test coverage to evaluate functional blocks and debug silicon issues.
- Strong understanding of SoC/FPGA architecture and silicon micro-architecture
- Experience in writing basic embedded software routines and test scripts
- Experience with hardware/software interaction
- Solid Digital logic fundamentals including timing analysis, state-machine debug and/or RTL/test-bench development Experience with high-speed memory systems and communication interfaces
- Good understanding of MAC + Protocol specifications for digital interfaces
- Experience in crafting tests to target specific portions of silicon designs and digital interconnects
- Hands on debug experience with usage of modern lab equipment (DSOs, Logic Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers)
- Familiarity with interpreting and navigating schematics and layout
- Strong desire to deep-dive system level issues and drive problems to closure in a team-based environment with a proactive demeanor
You will work jointly with designers and architects to understand various functional blocks and their use-cases. Write, debug, and integrate new tests for integrated Wireless chipsets, complex Digital Interfaces and Power Management Subsystems. We push functional blocks to their limits and debug issues surfaced during testing. Work with other groups and organizations to push these tests down into pre-silicon environments. We work closely with hardware design engineers to debug silicon issues exposed during testing. Support product development builds locally and remotely.
Education & Experience
Minimum BS in EE or CS with + 3 years experience is required.