Product Manager - New Products, Apple Store Online
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gravitate in order to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! The Apple Store Online team seeks a seasoned Product Manager to bring our new products and experiences to market and surprise and delight our customers. In this role, you will collaborate closely within Retail as well as with Design, Engineering, Product Marketing, and Ops to launch new Apple products. This role will draw upon your extensive experience as a Product Manager to combine your technical fluency, strong sense of user experience, and business understanding to chart a vision, align your partners, and deliver flawlessly executed product launches.
- 10+ years of Product Management experience with at least 5 years leading product for a large scale direct to consumer e-commerce retailer. Experience with Omni-Channel retailers, a strong plus
- Fluency in core e-commerce concepts like affordability, credit, payment systems, order fulfillment, supply chain, and then stitches across these capabilities
- Consistent track record of successfully implementing new concepts or programs in a fast paced, digital retail environment
- Ability to take product vision and turn it into a world class customer experience within the online platform as well as between online and physical store spaces
- Technical mentality and ability to work closely with engineering partners to solve for system interdependencies, devise implementation strategies and refine scope based on concrete considerations
- Work independently, but not alone, leading through influence and leading from the middle of the pack
- Passionate about the customer experience with significant focus on what needs to be done to improve it
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills, with experience presenting to and influencing high-level, senior executives
- Ability to take an undefined initiative, and create structure to drive an effort among a team of cross functional people (formal project or not)
- Drive the Apple Store Online product introduction, while coordinating through Product Design, Marcom, and Engineering teams to drive the customer’s product journey. - Coordinate feature requirement prioritization, design, and development across internal and external teams from discovery through support. - Represent business goals and feature solutions during product reviews with cross-functional teams; determine and drive relevant actions. - Act as a product surrogate for all non-disclosed product teams, while maintaining confidentiality. - Maintain effective relationships with internal customer, external customers, and technical peers to support effective delivery and manage customer expectations. - Optimize user experience through intuition, analysis of quantitative test data, and qualitative research/customer interviews. - Monitor the health of projects with the associated risks and implications to timelines; lead the resolution of cross-functional issues.