Wireless Software and Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and be part of an extraordinary team of engineers. We work with cross functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. Apple’s Wireless Software Architecture team is seeking dedicated, highly motivated and self-directed engineers to work across layers on innovative cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and developing core wireless technologies that solve everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines.
- Hands on experience in Software development/system engineering
- Development experiences with real-time operating systems
- Experience in writing software for multi-threaded environments
- Strong Software Engineering skills including Design, Programming in C, C++ or Objective C and Debugging
- Working experience with Open source Software is a plus
- Experience in developing frameworks and APIs is a plus
- Knowledge of IOT protocols such as IEEE 802.15.4, Bluetooth, Zigbee or Thread Mesh is a plus.
- Home automation experience is a plus (Bluetooth, ZigBee, z-Wave, Thread Mesh)
- Consistent record of project deliverables from concept to commercialization
- Passionate and inquisitive with a focus on solving everyday problems in innovative ways
- Attention to the smallest details that are meaningful to customers
Apple’s Cellular Software team is seeking passionate, highly motivated and focused engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core cellular technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines. This team takes pride in not just coming up with proven software designs but also in disrupting traditional models of the cellular ecosystem. We go above and beyond to bring user experience to the next level. Working as a part of an extraordinary development team, we are searching for a highly motivated software developer. In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop exciting features for Apple’s next generation products. You work will involve wireless software and protocol development. Your contributions will make a clear difference towards future Apple products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent