Systems Engineer - Cellular
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to join a team redefining hardware technology? We are searching for a hardworking engineer with 10+/- years’ experience to join our exciting team of innovators.
- In-depth knowledge of physical layer and impact to modem design and trade-offs
- Deep understanding of wireless radio standards (including but not limited to 5G-NR, LTE, 802.11ax, 802.11ad) and their implications on cross layer modem design and procedures.
- Proven background in modem feature evaluation and trade-off analysis
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in leading technical initiatives across functional organization and with external partners
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
In this role, you will be a key member of the system engineering team working on modem systems features and requirements. - You will be part of the team defining next generation cellular modem features and capabilities - You will define requirements based on evaluation of wireless standards, product requirements and ecosystem alignment - You will provide derived requirements, setting design targets for wireless subsystems and architecture - You will work with multi-functional teams in evaluating groundbreaking use cases and deriving requirements for the modem - You will work with multi-functional teams to ensure consistency of modem system requirements with longer term technology roadmaps - You will prepare and drive project decisions related to modem capabilities and roadmap
Education & Experience
BS + 10 years of equivalent experience.