SoC Productization Engineering Program Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Come to Apple and be at the center of action on new silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking products as SOC Productization Engineering Program Manager (EPM). You will get the opportunity to drive development of SoCs that power Apple’s extraordinary product lines. In this high profile role you will work with the Engineering teams (Product/Test/QA/manufacturing etc.) to successfully launch New Products. As an EPM within Apple’s Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) organization, you will be responsible for planning, implementation, and ongoing support of silicon from productization standpoint. This encompasses handling build schedules, Test Program releases, functional testing and process maturity. The SEG environment is dynamic and ever-changing. You'll be a part of a very impactful team. Need to be an excellent communicator, able to absorb vague discussions and quickly summarize the problem. The ability to prioritize and react quickly is a key requirement. This position includes working closely with multiple internal Engineering and Material teams. The EPM would provide engineering support for the development and validation of groundbreaking silicon material, spanning engineering design phases through production release, ramp and post-ramp.
- Proven Experience in SOC or VLSI Chip Design or Validation or Product/Test Engineering.
- Experience delivering high-volume SoCs.
- Skilled working with Foundry / OSATs/ external vendors.
- Ability to understand and extract action plans from sophisticated technical discussions and translate into succinct messaging for multi-functional and executive status reporting.
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management.
- Flexibility working with teams in different time zones.
- Ability to connect the dots and identify gaps in the process, plan and propose mitigations.
- Excellent debug skills. Must demonstrate ability to drive resolution of critical problems under pressure.
- Strong desire to own/drive project development using well defined metrics.
- Excellent communicator, well-articulated, natural leader.
- Ambitious, can take initiative and highly motivated.
- At ease in fast paced schedule driven development.
You will have key responsibilities that directly impact Apple’s product line success - Interface and drive closure of critical silicon issues with multi-functional teams to enable successful SoC mass production ramp. - Enable tight collaboration between DFT, Product Engineering/Test/Quality, Silicon Validation, and Systems teams during NPI to finalize SoC performance targets and quality requirements. - Drive simple and effective processes from “lessons learned” to avoid quality and execution issues early in development cycle. - Disciplined issue tracking, organizing and reporting of program risks, status, and options for resolution to executive management.
Education & Experience
BS + 3 years of relevant experience