Software Engineering Manager, HomeKit
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The HomeKit team provides the foundation that enables an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that revolutionize the way people interact with the accessories around them. The team is seeking a hands on, hardworking engineering manager to help build take Home automation platform to the next level.
- Past experience mentoring junior team members, building/growing a strong and diverse team, promoting healthy team culture, driving process improvements, and supporting career growth of team members.
- Proven track record of owning and leading delivery of projects, providing subject matter expertise in a functional domain, and running engineering processes.
- Experience in building strong partnerships with product owners, cross-function partners and business stakeholders, and demonstrating an ability to influence, resolve conflicts, and drive results.
- Technical experience with native iOS development and a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Ability to drive forward through various constraints and ambiguity on difficult problems to make sound decisions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence cross functionally.
- A passion for solving everyday problems in innovative ways
- An understanding and interest in the smart home space
As manager of the team you’ll have the opportunity to work with experts in their field to build new and expand on existing HomeKit features on iPhone, AppleTV, and HomePod. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical, communication, and project management skills to handle responsibilities including: - Defining product features, functional specs, resource planning, and development schedules - Scoping and prioritizing features and bug fixes - Representing the team and its technology in technical and project meetings - Advise and encourage engineering best practices to deliver quality features - Define and grow a diverse and world class engineering team
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent domain with 5+ years experience