iPhone Product Design EPM Mgr
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As a Manager of the Engineering Project Management team within the Product Design organization you will be responsible for managing a group of project managers on the development of our iPhone product line up. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on mechanical engineering design, development planning and validation cycles.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
- 8+ years of combined experience in project management and mechanical engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high aesthetic quality.
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience collaborating with Operations, Mechanical Engineering/Design and Marketing
- Mentor and lead a team of project managers to meet overall project objectives, enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process - Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects - Create and maintain project schedules - Collaborate and facilitate communication across design, engineering, operations management teams and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals - Lead multi-functional communication between project teams and external vendors - Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management - Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management - Possess strong presentation skills - Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision making
Education & Experience
BS ME degree or equivalent required