Apple Media Products (AMP) - Software Engineer, Spark Engineering
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to join the Data Engineering team within Apple Media Products (AMP). AMP (home to Apple Music, App Store, iTunes and other services that millions of customers use every single day) has some of the most compelling data in the world. We are looking for a talented engineer who is motivated by meaningful problems and proficient with big data technologies. This is a rare opportunity to join a focused team and work collaboratively with other groups to make a significant impact.
- Programming experience in Java or Scala
- Proven experience developing with and performance tuning Spark jobs
- Phenomenal if you also know: Kafka, Iceberg, Kube, Airflow and Cassandra
- Amazing if you have contributed to Spark or other open-source projects
- We expect you to know: basic computer science algorithms, data structures and distributed algorithms to process
- Good debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Able to capture cross-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks
- Experience in the music space is an added advantage
As a member of the Data Engineering team, you will have significant responsibility and influence in crafting its strategic direction. This role is inherently cross-functional and the ideal candidate will work across disciplines. We are looking for someone with a love for data and ability to iterate quickly on all stages of data pipeline. This position involves working on a small team to develop large scale data pipelines and analytical solutions using BigData technologies. Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as, a belief that data driven processes lead to phenomenal products. You will need to have a real passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or meaningful industry experience preferred
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education, and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.