HID - Sr. Algorithm Engineer/Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Join the innovative engineering team crafting the next generation of human interfaces for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Pencil, Watch, and exciting new products. We are looking for a hardworking algorithm engineer who could work well in cross-disciplinary teams over a full product cycle. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds in signal and image processing, statistics, machine learning, controls, physics, firmware and software development, neuroscience, human factors, and more dedicated to inventing new ways of interacting with Apple products and shipping amazing products to millions of users every year. HID operates at the intersection of hardware, software and design. This means that the wide variety of problems you will tackle have many exciting facets and you will get to work with specialists from all across Apple.
- 5+ years' experience in the following.
- Algorithm design and development for classification, filtering, noise modeling, signal processing, or control
- Processing and analyzing complex data, e.g. for machine learning, signal processing, or statistics
- Building mathematical models in Python, MATLAB, R, or a similar high-level language
- Strong theoretical knowledge of fundamental DSP concepts such as Adaptive filtering, linear algebra, and statistics
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
We are looking for a signal or image processing specialist with working knowledge of probabilistic modeling, statistics, and state machines. As a HID algorithm engineer you will combine skills from a variety of fields to solve complex data processing and sensing challenges. The process starts early in a product’s lifecycle as we explore what might be possible and identify challenges and their potential solutions, then continues as we rapidly iterate on cleaning and analyzing data, building and testing algorithms, and finishes with detailed implementation, analysis, and validation. You should have excellent mathematical skills and experience working with algorithms and data, be proficient at programming, and have a desire to work closely with others in a multi-functional team. In return, you will get to work on challenging and fascinating problems with hardworking co-workers, and ship great solutions at scale.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. (or M.S.) in EE, CS, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, or another engineering or technical field
- We would appreciate additional experience with: Working with embedded or resource-constrained systems, and with C or C++ Control systems, optimization, or other applied mathematical techniques Familiarity with Python or other high-level languages Experience with object-oriented programming and common design patterns Experience with content management systems, especially Git Electrical engineering and hardware design experience