iPhone/iPad Hardware Validation Lead
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you want to help build the next iPhone or iPad? The system integration team is looking for individuals with real passion for shipping outstanding products. As an iPhone/iPad Hardware Validation Lead, you will be an authority who is responsible for delivering electrical validation breakthroughs from first prototype through launch in a fast-paced environment. Using interpersonal and technical skills, you will operate seamlessly with the iPhone/iPad System Integration Team to yield the highest quality results. You are someone with strong electrical engineering fundamentals, hard-working, willing to be hands-on with debugging efforts, and able to work expertly with multiple engineering teams to close a list of critical tasks and improve our designs. In this role, you will have the opportunity to deep-dive into technical issues, develop and maintain validation automation code, and help mitigate project risks. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals and experience working on high-volume consumer electronics.
- Highly organized with willingness for project management and issue tracking
- Experience with high-speed and low-speed interfaces (e.g. I2C, SPI, USB, PCIe, MIPI) including protocol and electrical compliance
- Hands-on experience with hardware bring-up and bench measurements for signal and power integrity.
- Expertise with lab test set-up and equipment (e.g. high-speed oscilloscope, logic analyzer, power supplies, spectrum analyzers)
- Ability to root-cause issues and recommend design improvements.
- Familiarity with scripting languages and instrument automation (e.g. Python, LabView)
- Knowledge of power electronics, including DC-DC converters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire for a fast-paced environment; calm under pressure.
As Validation Leads, we love the impact we make on the products that reach our customers. Some of the things we do are: - Responsible for system-level validation focusing on system performance, margin, and coupling among different subsystems. - Communicate technical risks to the project team and to upper management. - Define large-scale test plans that rigorously validate each subsystem and uncover underlying problems. - Track and lead electrical validation schedules with focus on design achievements. - Get involved with hands-on debugging and prototyping of design experiments. - Innovate and implement creative validation process improvements, including automation development - Work with multi-functional development teams in the US and Asia in order to integrate their work into the project.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, EE/CE degree preferred
- Position will require some international travel.