Software Engineer (Virtualization)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you see the big picture and love setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group we ensure that the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Be a part of making the next generation of Apple virtualization products. We work across the entire system, from the kernel up through libraries, frameworks, and applications. As an engineer you will have a major impact on the design and implementation of Apple virtual machines and virtualization frameworks as well as virtualizing operating system products, collaborating closely with experts throughout Apple’s software and hardware organizations.
- Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- A basic understanding of modern silicon design - FPGA/ASIC, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern computer/software architecture
- Strong understanding of operating systems internals
- Ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
- Previous experience with silicon virtualization (Intel or ARM) is a plus
- Experience with Pyhon is a plus
- Experience with Objective-C or Swift is a plus
The Apple Virtual Platforms team, within the Core Virtualization group works on all aspects of virtualization technology; especially Virtualization of Apple’s operating systems on Apple Silicon. We are looking for engineers with a strong passion for low level software and silicon technologies to join the team to help our efforts developing, validating and stabilizing the virtualization and hypervisor capabilities of Apple’s next generation silicon.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science/Computer Engineering