iPhone Data Analysis Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Apple’s iPhone Hardware Engineering organization is looking for a highly motivated engineer with a real passion in both hardware and software. As a member of the iPhone modeling and algorithm team, you will work on opportunities to extend iPhone/iPad user experiences and improve battery life by studying data from the field, internal data sources and vendors. Are you ready for your next challenge? You will have the opportunity to influence the architectural roadmaps and high-level system specifications for the future iOS devices. This is an extraordinary cross-disciplinary opportunity and it requires intensive team collaboration effort coupled with proven system-engineering background.
- Data analysis and automation - Significant expert at processing large volume of data, analysis, visualization analytics.
- A deep understanding of probability, statistics, algorithms and mathematics.
- Practical modern machine learning experiences in regression, classification and clustering.
- Strong software skills (Matlab, C/C++, R, Python).
- Excellent communication, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Proven self motivation and ability to work independently.
- Understanding of control theory and how it relates to modeling Li-on batteries is a plus.
- Understanding embedded system architecture is a plus.
- Deep knowledge in key system-engineering architectural and implementation tradeoffs is a plus.
We are looking for an engineer capable of handling challenges from “cradle to grave”. We love self-motivated teammates who are committed to continually innovate. Bring your passion and dedication and you will discover excitement and endless possibilities in the process of building our next-gen products in Apple. IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR: - Support automated power data collection infrastructure for latest iPhone. - Build visualization tool for x-functional team to digest the power performance data - Perform data mining and data analysis across gigantic amount of data generated by multiple generation of iPhones - Leverage machine learning techniques to analyze the field data and provide the mentorship to the x-function teams for design decision making - Use case power analysis - Drive the future power-saving algorithms/techniques
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PHD EE Required