Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a Software Engineer who wants to meaningly impact the lives of our users through highly immersive educational applications. This team is working with some of Apple’s most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML), and computer vision (CV). Join us in crafting future products carefully designed to empower our users.
- Strong command of object-oriented programming (C / C++ / Obj-C / Swift preferred)
- Strong grasp of application software design principles
- Demonstrated expertise and independence in building and shipping high quality software
- Enthusiastic about working on a cross functional team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Apple’s apps define our products; they are the core fulfillment of our user stories. We work closely with Apple's human interface design team and our internal framework teams to define and develop high-impact applications for Apple platforms. The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will be researching and developing an entirely new application paradigm - a challenge that will demand rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing code quality or attention to detail. You will work closely with Apple's UI frameworks, Human Interface designers and system software teams - pushing you to think outside-the-box, and solve incredibly challenging and interesting problems in the AR/VR space. You will work with technologies such as SwiftUI, RealityKit, UIKit and ARKit. You will have access to a wide variety of internal frameworks and services that will allow you to create applications that are deeply integrated into our operating systems. As a driving force behind the application experience, your contributions empower our users and helps shape the course of Apple’s product for years to come. Above all, we value teamwork and passion when building impactful products.
Education & Experience
- Deep knowledge of UI Animations in either UIKit or SwiftUI (preferred)
- Comprehensively unit-tested your codebase using XCTest (preferred)