Wireless Systems Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you have a passion for wireless technologies? Do you want to impact the wireless experience for billions of users? Come and join us! You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering finesse, creativity, and innovation with a prime focus on wireless accuracy and performance. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Join Apple’s System RF organization and drive innovation that matters! We’re looking for engineers who will re-imagine the most effective ways to coordinate and manage antenna test systems through collaboration with multi-functional teams and antenna design activities with designers. You may have opportunities to visit many System RF design labs, work with design teams in each location to set up standard methodologies and provide training. Our engineers help architect, research, and design, Apple’s world-class wireless products. All members of the numerous teams within the organization bring their own unique expertise to collectively bring wireless technologies to our products, following Apple’s culture of excellence in engineering principles and practices.
- Proficiency in measuring, debugging, and calibrating RF test equipments (eg: anechoic chamber, network analyzer, signal generator, signal analyzer, wireless network emulator)
- Ability to read and write clean, clear, efficient and understandable code in one or more relevant programming languages (C, C++, Python)
- Critical problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to break down complex problems and evaluate tradeoffs between proposed solutions
- Energy and aim to thrive in a start-up like environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In this role you will create, develop, enforce, and maintain solid documentation on regular auditing and calibrating of wireless RF anechoic chambers. The ideal candidate will be involved in Authoring scalable software in C/C++/Python or any other programming language for controlling, automating, and uploading/analyzing of calibration data. You will collect, analyze and publish data internally & multi-functionally within Apple and deliver clear recommendations to multi-functional teams on resolving wireless system issues (including but not limited to calibration and maintenance of RF test equipments such as VNA, spectrum analyzer, amplifies, etc.) You will partner with operations and factory engineering teams worldwide to follow a standard process of maintaining RF test equipments. Ideal candidates will possess an energetic personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and aesthetic sensibility. This position requires strengths in creating thorough design of experiments, manipulating/analyzing datasets, and visualizing results concisely and effectively. Up to 25% of travel may be required.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunication Engineering is needed. Master's degree or PhD/Doctorate highly valued.
- We see the more you have of the following as a BONUS:
- 5+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Recent experience in OTA characterization.
- Recent experience in managing junior engineers, technicians or contractors.