Sr Software Engineer, ML Systems Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, creative ideas grow into extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Here is your opportunity to be part of an incredible engineering team building features to surprise and delight customers on the iPhone, Mac, Apple Watch, iPad, and more. Proactive Intelligence aims to deliver phenomenal personalization features using machine learning systems that run on-device in Apple platforms for high performance and to protect user privacy. We are looking for inquisitive and creative software engineers who will design & build software that enables us to train, deploy, and monitor state of the art machine learning models on resource-constrained edge devices. Experience with embedded programming and designing software that is easy for others to extend and use will broaden your role and effectiveness in this position.
- 5+ years of experience building production software systems within large engineering projects for consumer products on mobile SoCs, specially iOS devices
- Hands-on experience with at least one compiled language (C/C++/Objective-C, Swift, Go, Java, Rust, etc.), and multi-threaded applications
- Familiarity with modern mobile development frameworks (e.g., Flutter, Xamarin, Swiftic) and tools (e.g., IoC/DI, analytics, A/B testing, CI-CD and build systems like Bit, Buck, Bazel)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
We are looking for enthusiastic and creative engineers with a history of designing software that is easy for others to use and extend. Your passion for building exceptional software systems will be essential to your projects and a key component in our team of outstanding engineers and designers who are driven to create the next big thing. Join us to enhance the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world! You will contribute to applications that delight, connect, and encourage Apple users all around the world to be more productive. More specifically: you will design and implement tools and frameworks primarily to support on-device state of the art ML in Apple’s products; deploy those algorithms and establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for validation and monitoring; communicate advanced ideas to our cross-functional team; and develop innovative tools and metrics that change the way we look at problems. Join the Proactive Intelligence team to help guide the development of current and new intelligent experiences across iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, Watch and TV!
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with profiling and tracing tools
- Familiarity with Core ML, Apple's framework for deploying ML models on iOS devices
- Experience with Model Compression techniques (Quantization, Pruning, Distillation)
- Experience with PyTorch Mobile, Tensorflow Lite or other similar Edge Inference frameworks
- Experience with techniques to offload compute to GPU, DSP etc.
- Experience developing Machine Learning models, especially for resource constrained computing environments