Engineering Program Manager, Packaging
Culver City, California, United States
Beats engineering team is looking for a motivated, technical oriented engineering program manager to manage projects through the Packaging design and engineering phases. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on packaging engineering design, development planning and validation cycles. The Program Manager must be able to objectively evaluate risks to program goals and clearly report risk and proposed solution to keep the program on track. This role best suits a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who is comfortable in a casual, but fast paced environment. The candidate must possess the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, using strong written and verbal communication.
- Project management experience with a background in Packaging Development
- Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skills.
- Well versed in schedule management.
- Knowledge of packaging structure and print process.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, dates, deadlines and deliverables.
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes from concept to mass production.
- File and BOM management skills.
- Accurately report program status weekly to the packaging, hardware and cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of retail and bulk packaging materials.
- Proactively approaches and follows through on important issues.
- Able to compare, contrast and quality check work with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple fast-paced and complex projects while maintaining consistent accuracy and quality of work.
- Able to work under pressure and high impact deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Render development experience a plus
Support day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives, create schedules, escalate critical issues as appropriate, align with cross-functional teams to drive milestones and set priorities to achieve project timelines. Collaborate and facilitate communication across fellow EPMs, and supplier partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals. Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making resolution. Clearly track build readiness schedules to ensure builds happen on schedule. Work directly with packaging suppliers to manage materials lead-times. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work directly with executive teams and provide executive status updates. Able to resolve complex development issues with an extended/overseas team in a fast paced environment. Work with packaging team engineer to manage reliability testing and material/structural development. Act as a central point of contact for packaging questions and concerns amongst legal, marketing, and other cross functional teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Packaging with 5+ years of relevant working experience in project management or equivalent.