Human Interaction Algorithm Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Ever wanted to ship amazing experiences in Apple products? Be part of the team in the Video Computer Vision (VCV) organization that focuses on people understanding real-time video streams and building higher-level reasoning algorithms. VCV delivers products such as FaceID, ARKit, and RealityKit. We are looking for exceptional leaders to help us to help us create next generation interaction technologies. Many teams are coming together to enable this vision. We are working on tracking hand, gaze, body, and objects and their interactions through machine learning, computer vision and sensor fusion.
- 2+ years of experience in managing teams productizing Computer Vision or AI/Machine Learning technologies from conception to end.
- 8+ years of experience in computer vision and machine learning algorithm development
- 8+ years of experience in software development. Experience with end-to-end ownership of projects (including academic projects) and confidence to make key decisions independently
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management.
- Experience in working across many disciplines, driving best practices, and mentoring team members.
- Clear and effective communicator that can communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Creative problem solver and a thoughtful decision maker with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- [Preferred] having prior experience or degree in human computer interaction
Engaging cross-functionally with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline across hardware, software, integration, infrastructure, and applications. Operate strategically and tactically. Working closely with various organizations to define and execute long-term strategies and roadmaps and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development. Recruit world-class talent and provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers. Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
Education & Experience
PhD or MS in computer vision and machine learning or equivalent industry experience.