AR Applications Engineer (Multiple Levels)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for AR Applications Engineers to help us push the limits on the next generation of interactive computing for our platform. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a senior member of our organization you will drive exploration of future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people.
- ~2-5 years of experience in software development for junior level.
- ~5+ years of experience in software development for mid/senior level.
- Attention to detail, creativity and passion.
- Proficiency in a programming language such as C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Swift, etc.
- Experience in rapid prototyping.
- Good intuition in making time vs. complexity tradeoffs.
Apple makes the newest technologies accessible to create amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to develop prototypes at the bleeding edge of technology to find the best experiences for our products. We work closely with Apple's Human Interface design team to define the next generation of computing. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engineers are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D applications and an ambition to explore a new world of uncharted possibilities. You will work closely with artists, designers and engineers to define and prove new application concepts and UX paradigms, and solve incredibly challenging and interesting problems in the AR/VR space.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- Experience developing 3D or AR/VR applications or games.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as ARKit, UIKit, Metal, Core Motion, etc.
- Familiarity with other AR SDKs such as ARCore, Vuforia or similar tools.
- Proficiency with Unity, Unreal, or similar 3D engines.
- Familiarity with game or peer-to-peer networking.
- Experience working with 3D content and content creation tools like Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, etc.
- Excellent understanding of the practical applications of 3D math and linear algebra