Systems Validation Engineer
Culver City, California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a quick way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience - Beats has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. The Systems Validation Engineer is responsible for the system validation and measurement of audio technologies for key Apple audio Products from design to production. The candidate, as part of the Beats Validation team, will support designing and analysis of products. The candidate will have the right combination of Acoustics, simulation, scripting skills and personal drive to conduct and take ownership of the system level validation and at the same time develop new approaches for analysis.
- 5+ years of overall experience in advanced acoustics engineering design and finite element analysis development with hands-on testing of consumer products
- Detailed understanding of audio signal processing to fuse signal processing algorithms to acoustics.
- Ability to manage parallel projects in all phases; conceptual, design to mass production in a rapid manner.
- Proficiency in analytical tools for failure / statistical analysis and finite element analysis, tools such as JMP, MiniTab, Excel, COMSOL, ANSYS
- Experience with debugging issues in audio systems (both hands-on and analyzing data).
- Skilled in acoustic test equipment setup and testing e.g. Soundcheck or Audio Precision
- Familiarity with some form of scripting (Matlab, Python.)
- Solid data analysis, manipulation, summary and presentation skills
- Curious with a high personal drive
- Listening skill and passion in diagnosing problems and overall improving sound quality
Candidate will have responsibilities for designing and analyzing acoustic performance of products and lead development of new product introductions. Candidate will lead programs in all phases from concept to design and finally mass production. Candidate will drive towards definition of new solutions and prove their relevance by using the latest techniques and showcasing targeted performance. Tasks are broad in nature and require initiative, originality, ingenuity, and strong problem solving skills. Role requires researching new technologies and solutions and performing of experiments to determine potential design feasibility and applications. Create engineering documentation to support the definition, design, performance, and testing of technologies to facilitate clear communication both within the team and cross functionally.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE or equivalent, preferably specializing in audio/acoustics