HID - User Studies Operations Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Are you interested in contributing to the delightful user experience of Apple products? We are looking for a User Studies Operations Engineer to deliver high-quality data sets for Sensor Software algorithms.
- The candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals across multiple disciplines (Hardware, Software, Algorithms, DevOps, Data Infrastructure)
- Ability to rapidly acquire familiarity with emergent hardware and software technologies, lead teams, and take ownership for a project’s success
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping and Design Of Experiments (DOEs)
- Experienced in industrial engineering and/or operations
- Reduces risk by uncovering hidden problems and driving meaningful mitigation strategies through creative solutions, robust planning, exception event handling
- Works well under pressure in the face of unexpected events and is energized by challenges
- Active, creative problem solver driving time-sensitive strategic changes based on a mixture of analysis, experience and collaboration with domain experts
- Delivers clear and concise status reports; communicates fluidly with colleagues of all levels
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
The User Study Operations Engineer will work closely with product development team; designing, leading, executing, and monitoring large-scale studies in support of algorithm development. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: Creatively identify and refine high-throughput study methods, maximizing volume while also protecting data quality, participant experience, and data yield Continuously implement operational efficiencies and cost-saving measures Contribute to the design of user study data collection systems inclusive of hardware, firmware, software and user interface specifications Identify system design versus study operations trade-offs and impacts, influence cross-functional team members towards design solutions the meet study goals and operational efficiencies Specify user workflows and study data flows. Build risk mitigation strategies for any scenario that may jeopardize the quality, volume, timeline or budget of the project Collaborate with multi-functional teams including Algorithm, Hardware, Software, User Experience, Product Design, Project Management, Legal, Procurement, Security, Logistics and vendors to define and deliver vital study elements Write technical documents including study instructions, operating procedures and training documents for study personnel Handle confidential information and devices with discretion Lead multiple projects and priorities in a multifaceted, changing environment with minimal direction Drive process improvements across the organization to continuously improve the way we work
Education & Experience
Degrees in Electrical, Systems, Mechanical, Industrial, and/or Operation Management Engineering, or research-related discipline is required. Minimum 2+ years of experience in system engineering or relevant experience is preferred. Experience in project management/operations or relevant experience required.