GNSS Wireless Systems Engineer
Irvine, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy-efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which are driven by an elite vertically coordinated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a Senior Wireless Systems Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, defining modem architectures, driving physical-layer algorithm designs, and developing digital signal processing schemes for novel ultra-low-power wireless applications.
- Great foundation in physical layer functionality for wireless systems in areas such as detection/acquisition, synchronization, parameter estimation & tracking, multipath detection, and mitigation, etc.
- Familiarity with Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) sensors data processing and fusion with GNSS and other wireless signals.
- Proficiency with modeling in MATLAB is required.
- Experience with leading technical initiatives and key work.
- Knowledge and experiences in IC implementation and optimization, and familiarity with HDL / RTL are desirable.
- Experience with lab bring-up of SoC designs reaching volume production is desirable.
- Experience in GNSS baseband signal processing is desirable.
- BS and 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
Partner with other systems engineers, analog/RF IC designers, digital designers, and firmware engineers to derive, simulate, implement, verify and test physical layer features, to enable a variety of novel applications in the portable & wearable consumer electronics space. Work closely with analog/RF IC designers, characterizing, accounting, and calibrating for non-idealities of real-life GNSS/wireless devices. Work closely with digital designers, deriving the signal processing model, directing the IC design, simulation, verification, implementation, tape-out and post-silicon bring-up. Partition and define the interface between digital IC and firmware. Work closely with firmware engineers, deriving the signal processing model, developing baseband processing algorithms, chip bring-up / validation and system performance tuning.
Education & Experience
BS and 3+ years of relevant industry experience. MS with a focus on digital communication, signal processing and/or geomatics or Ph.D is preferred.