Machine Learning Video Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Video is at the core of nearly all Apple products, and as an engineer on our team, you will research practical ML algorithms and build with us the next generation of video technology. We are looking for a highly ambitious individual, who will flourish working on technically meaningful problems at the frontier of deep learning and compression research. Your work will redefine the video experience for billions of users.
- Expert knowledge in ML and specifically deep learning: principles, model prototyping and architecture design, training procedures, visualization and debugging methodology, objective function design, and so on
- Strong familiarity with the latest ML and CV innovations
- Proven track record of success in deep learning, with publications in top ML/CV venues
- Excellent software skills in common ML tools such as Python, PyTorch or TensorFlow; experience implementing custom ops in CUDA is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with one of the following is a big plus: generative modeling, optical flow, perceptual quality, ML for video or data compression
- Experience in designing practical ML implementations and having ML experience in industry is a plus
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in ML research is a must
In this role you will work together with colleagues to develop ML-based video approaches for current and future Apple products. This position requires a highly self-directed individual, who is comfortable working at the cutting edge of research: strong and analytical skills will be critical towards solving challenging problems in uncharted technical territories. Your responsibilities will include: -Research various components of a DL-based approach to a video processing problem: invent models, design appropriate datasets and pipelines to train them, prototype new architectures to improve performance, study existing literature, and so on -Collaborate closely with team members to optimize the efficiency of the models and deploy them on particular hardware architectures -Work with cross-functional teams to achieve quality and computational requirements towards shipping the technology -Communicate: demonstrate the technology, present to leadership, discuss progress with colleagues, and so on
Education & Experience
MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely related fields Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.