DevOps Manager, Traffic Engineering
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that dedication. The success will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. We are looking for a Manager of Traffic Engineering lead a team of engineers to run internal/external traffic in a complex and distributed environment with strict privacy and security requirements.
- Knowledge of load balancing, service mesh, and edge deployments
- Familiarity with Networking, Security, Logging, and Application Monitoring
- Leading engineering teams developing in Go, Python, or similar programming languages
- Developing a long term vision
- Executing on team and organizational wide strategy
- Crafting roadmaps and maintaining timelines & customer commitments
- Navigating the complexities of the business and service reliability
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to coach & mentor other IC’s and Managers
- Establishing teams in local and remote regions
- Conflict resolution and providing meaningful feedback
As the demand for our services continues to grow rapidly we are forming a team to best position ourselves to deliver a service to the highest level, as expected at Apple. We handle both customer facing (external) and internal traffic which have strict privacy and security requirements. Manage a team of software/systems/network engineers and be directly responsible for both customer facing (external) and internal traffic globally. Ensure the highest level of up-time and quality of service to Apple’s customers through operational quality. Design, maintain, and improve global production traffic infrastructure. Ownership of reliability issues using a wide variety of tools. Identify areas to improve service resiliency through techniques such as chaos engineering, performance / load testing, and game days.