Software Development Engineer in Test, Release Validation Automation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The Release Validation Automation team provides automation support to ensure a high-quality update experience for our customers across all platforms. As a member of the team the work you do will impact each and every one of our customers! We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test to help us ensure that our macOS, iOS, tvOS, and watchOS releases continue to be stable, reliable, and bug-free. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will work with groundbreaking technology while enhancing our testing capabilities for new features. You will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to ensure our upcoming products will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- 5+ years of experience in SDET or Software Development Engineering role.
- Proven experience writing in Swift, Objective-C, or similar lower-level languages.
- Strong scripting skills.
- Experience with Git and codebase management.
- Experience with XCTest and Xcode.
- Experience with CI/CD Technologies.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with test methodologies (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing, functional testing, etc).
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems both independently and cooperatively.
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results.
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- An enthusiasm for user-focused design & high-quality products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple.
This position requires a motivated, highly technical engineer to create, maintain, and expand internal applications, backend services, automation frameworks, and end-to-end functional tests. The successful engineer will work closely with Automation and QA Engineers to develop robust solutions that will improve productivity and expand our ability to ship software to our customers on time. Daily discussions with client teams and cross-functional partners will drive the genesis of the latest tools and applications you will create to enhance the coverage and stability of our cross-platform toolchain. Innovative solutions and strategies that allow the team to expand the coverage of the features we ultimately deliver to our customers are a must.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.