Audio & Interaction System Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it!
- Creative problem solver with passion for audio experience in interactive, wearable consumer devices
- Adept at combining analytical work with hands-on prototyping to test new ideas and build proof-of-concept platforms and demos
- Strong grasp of the tradeoffs between performance, power, and latency; and understanding how these map to user experience
- Solid fundamentals in EE (mixed signal) and physics
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies such as Bluetooth, IEEE 802.15.4
- Working knowledge of DC power conversion and Class-D amplifiers
- Proficiency with Matlab, Python, SysML, or similar modeling tools
- Embedded programming skills a plus
We are seeking a highly motivated, EE system architect who is passionate about making interactive wearable products deliver a more magical and responsive experience for the customer. In this role, you will work at the system level with attention on the end-to-end user experience, focusing on audio, input devices, and ecosystem interoperability. You’ll work on technologies and solutions that address opportunities to improve latency, power efficiency, and ease of use. As a creative problem solver, your work may include improving/optimizing incumbent solutions as well as investigating and proving out new/emerging technologies. You enjoy “connecting dots” and leveraging the work of others while identifying and addressing gaps that warrant new invention or problem solving. This cross-functional role requires excellent interpersonal skills and proactive collaboration across multiple partner teams on a large project. You are curious minded, always seeking to learn while offering your expertise to teach and help others.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in relevant field (EE, CS. Computer Engineering) 5+ years industry experience with significant focus on audio (electrical / acoustic) or embedded system architecture of consumer products Successfully shipped one or more consumer or industrial products