Embedded Software Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core OS group we are committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies that are integral part of iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices! We are looking for an Embedded software Engineer for the Power Technology team. This team is responsible for developing software and firmware for the System Management Controller and Power Systems. In this role, you will be an individual contributor developing embedded software solutions for our current and future products. This is a highly cross-functional role where you will work closely with SW, HW, Systems, Platform Architecture, and our Silicon partners and lead the SoC bring-up and feature development from pre-silicon to commercialization.
- Extensive experience designing, developing and testing embedded software using C/C++.
- A fundamental knowledge of embedded processors, with in-depth knowledge of real time operating system concepts.
- Experience with micro-controller peripherals including SPMI, I2C/SMBus, serial port, SPI, and ADC converters.
- Experience in silicon and pre-silicon bring-up.
- Ability to comprehend hardware specs and schematics.
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
We are looking for an exceptional software engineer to lead, design and implement embedded software features in Apple products. You will work with Hardware, Systems and other cross-functional teams and lead the SoC bring-up and development of platform and power systems related features from pre-silicon to commercialization. The position requires high level thinking to architect code solutions along with low level programming and excellent communications and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Working on this technology you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the implementation and quality of Apple's next generation products. Our environment fosters innovation and rapid product iteration within a creative solution space.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Background in System Management Controller and Embedded Power System Technologies.
- Background in developing and diagnosing ethernet and USB drivers.
- Experience with debuggers such as gdb, lldb, etc.
- Experience with code management tools such as Git, CVS, SVN, or Perforce.
- Hands on experience with test equipment including scopes, analyzers, and multi-meters.
- Experience writing scripts in languages such as Python, Perl, or Tcl.