Apple Pay - Data Scientist
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
Apple Wallet, Payments and Commerce is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to support critical initiatives and uncover potential business opportunities within the EMEIA region! As a member of the WPC team you will collaborate with partners across business development, product, marketing and engineering teams to drive your findings and recommendations into action! Our culture is about getting things done efficiently, with open feedback and debate along the way. Within analytics, we are collaborative and team oriented, but we also strive for independent decision-making, curiosity and taking calculated risks. As a successful candidate you have a knowledge and passion for payments, as well as an insatiable curiosity and strong verbal and written skills. In addition, you are a self-motivated and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in a data science or equivalent role, ideally within the payments industry.
- Ability to conceive and implement the design of end to end scripted analytics solutions using SQL/TeraData, Spark SQL and PySpark/Hadoop.
- Proven understanding of Python, R and standard statistical modelling packages.
- Collaboration, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to adapt and engage across a variety of audiences. This includes significant written, verbal and data visualisation skills to communicate sophisticated quantitative analysis in a clear, detailed, and concise manner.
- Experience in data visualisation tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
• Deep dives in large-scale data to identify key insights that influence product improvements and business/Marketing strategy. • Utilise data science approaches and solutions, both applying tried-and-tested and creative techniques to meet business needs. • Engage with internal partners including business, engineering, product and marketing teams as a thought partner, and to optimally deliver actionable insights and performance improvements. • Measure and supervise payments products, features and marketing efficiency. • Deliver and support automated reporting solutions. • Partner with other Apple organisations in relation to data gathering, governance, best practises, reporting tools and critical metrics.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (economics, statistics, computer science, applied mathematics, machine) or equivalent Data Science experience.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education, and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.