Developer Publications - Software Engineering Author
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
In Developer Publications, we teach people to design and build incredible software for Apple’s platforms. Our audience includes beginning developers starting out with Swift Playgrounds, designers using our Human Interface Guidelines, and the wide range of developers using Xcode. As a Software Engineering Author, you’ll work closely with editors, engineers, designers, and teams across Apple to produce clear, concise, engaging content. Your tutorials, sample code, and API reference documentation will reach millions of developers and help them craft apps that use the latest Apple technologies to surprise and delight users.
- A passion for Apple, learning new technologies, and teaching developers to write amazing apps
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, critical-thinking capabilities, and attention to detail
- The ability to interpret complex topics and distill them into clear, simplified prose and teachable sample code
- Proven experience developing apps using Xcode and Swift/Objective-C
- Familiarity with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and an understanding of UX/UI design principles a plus
In this role, your responsibilities include: - Exploring how the latest software technologies work by discussing design principles, analyzing engineering specifications, and developing code. - Crafting plans for providing extraordinary educational content for a technology. - Researching developer needs and producing compelling content to address those needs. - Composing documents that teach standard methodologies for using technologies through tutorials, sample code, and API references. - Reviewing new APIs for correctness, completeness, clarity, and ease of use, and participating in conversations to improve the APIs with various software engineering teams. - Taking an active role in developing engaging presentations for Apple's annual Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC).