Custom Silicon Architect - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges. In this role, you will contribute to the development of next-generation camera hardware by leading the development of custom integrated circuit. An example of the variety of silicon our team develops are custom chips to drive actuators in complex AF/OIS systems. Your broad EE and fundamental physics expertises, together with signal processing skills, system architecture understanding, chip level circuit design and board level circuit design will enable the team to deliver the superior products we all dream about.
- Proven experience with refining IC requirements from system high level understanding.
- Experience with managing development of complex analog/mixed signal ICs.
- Proven track record of entire IC development flow, from requirements to large volume production ramp.
- Past experience as individual contributor in designing complex systems.
- Experience with the development and results analysis of experiments to root-cause challenging electrical problems.
- Strong understanding of EE fundamentals.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Working with cross-functional teams including mechanical, optical, firmware, product/test and camera systems engineers to define IC engineering requirements. Driving vendors from requirement to delivery throughout entire development process. Reviewing and providing vendor verification plan/results. Reviewing and providing guidance internal validation plan/results. Driving the development of emulation platform with discrete design or FPGA Providing IC specific and broad electrical engineering support to camera HW and cross functional teams. Reviewing and providing guidance for board level design including associated components, signals and power supply.
Education & Experience
Preferred MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Additional Preferred Requirements
- Experience in the fields of autofocus and optical stabilizations (AF/OIS) driver ICs, voice coil motor (VCM) driver ICs and familiarity with position sensing strongly desired.
- Understanding of Board level design/constraints preferred.
- Understanding embedded FW/host SW interaction desired.