Privacy QA & Tools - Software Engineer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The User Privacy team seeks an engineer with a passion for test development to help us ensure that the strong privacy protections in Apple's platforms remain that way in every release and every build. Every Apple product and feature contains privacy functionality - from Siri to Maps to App Store to UIKit - and your focus will be to work with teams all across the company and at all levels of the stack to ensure there is an automated test plan for their features' privacy functionality. This work will impact software features touching millions of our customers and developers worldwide.
- Experience writing code in Objective C or Swift to test an API, SDK, or Frameworks
- Experience developing for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and/or tvOS with XCTest and Xcode
- Experience developing various forms of software tests (unit, functional, performance, stress)
- Experience in driving development and deployment of continuous integration systems
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative problem solver with interest in developing quality software
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- Keen eye for detail
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills to handle responsibilities including: collaborating with other teams on their automated test plans for iOS, watchOS, macOS, and tvOS; designing, implementing, and handing off automated tests to teams as necessary; integrating with server-side components as appropriate.Additional responsibilities will include risk analysis and integration testing across Apple platforms.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience