System Architect - HW/SW Architecture - Apple Vision Pro
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Every new product we build, service we create, or Apple Store experience we deliver is the result of us making each other’s ideas stronger. That happens because every one of us shares a belief that we can make something wonderful and share it with the world, changing lives for the better. It’s the diversity of our people and their thinking that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. When we bring everybody in, we can do the best work of our lives. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something. Apple Vision Pro is a revolutionary spatial computer that seamlessly blends digital content with your physical space. It will allow us to do the things we love in ways never before possible — all while staying connected to the people around us.
- 6+ years of working experience
- Strong system / SoC architecture background with deep understanding of low power processing.
- Experience in development of SoC Power and Performance simulation models for use case level analysis and optimization.
- Strong coding skills in Python, C/C++, SystemC.
- You have background on NN algorithms and Neural HW architecture.
- You have background on HW acceleration for image / display / audio signal processing workloads.
- Ability to drive HW / SW partition and co-optimization in a data driven way.
- Strong verbal communication skills across organizations and at the executive level.
- Excellent written skills for clear reporting of data analysis and conclusions.
We are seeking a highly motivated, system architect to define compute acceleration strategy into our products. You must have excellent understanding of computer architecture (CPU, GPU, Neural Processing), System / SoC level power architecture, emerging compute engines RISC-V, Low power neural processing architecture. You will be mapping system level use cases to the SoC and system and identify HW/SW partitioning opportunities. With this knowledge you are able to apply it to analyzing requirements tradeoffs impacting system performance and product experience. The job will have a focus on use case level analysis and development of system level models for power, performance and latency to drive overall product architecture. This cross-functional role requires excellent interpersonal skills, working with camera module, architecture, system EE, and product development teams and communicating across teams and to leadership.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in relevant field (EE, CS, Computer Eng)