Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Technology Development Group is seeking an experienced Multimedia Specialist to work on internal productions for the Organization. This position will work closely with Content Producers, Software / Hardware / Quality Engineers, Engineering Program Managers, Visual Effects Artists, Designers and other Cross-Functional partners across Apple and its preferred vendors. The ideal candidate is highly creative, has a strong technical background, and possesses a consistent track record of delivering on large and small scale video productions.
- Minimum 5+ years of corporate video or agency experience.
- Able to work on weekends as needed.
- Strong understanding of Apple OS operating systems and the ecosystem of products.
- Mastery of compositing and motion design techniques in Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D or Maya required.
- Understanding of current pre-production, production and post production workflows, file formats, frame rates, codecs, resolution, audio, camera metadata, and images for asset delivery.
- Knowledge of review and approval process using evolving project management tools.
- Attention to detail with well-honed organizational and time-management skills; self-motivated and comfortable working in a high-demand, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationships with creative and operations partners.
- An extraordinary sense of taste and an ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles, while staying on Brand.
- Outstanding communication and relationship skills, including collaborating cross-functionally within the organization.
- Energy, drive, passion and enthusiasm to do and be the very best and are a driven leader who approaches things with a sense of urgency.
- Able to provide examples of work that demonstrate creative sensibilities and represent an artistic point of view.
- Able to work unpredictable hours, including weekends, in order to achieve creative and technical success.
Daily tasks include small-scale internal productions, internal / external studio shoots, and supporting R&D efforts. You may be required to create and/or edit graphics, track and composite footage, prep outputs for approval, and prep elements for audio mix, layback, final mastering delivery, and archive. You may be required to ingest source asset files, restore files from archive, and help prepare special projects outside of the standard daily workflow to support the organizations needs. You will work closely with the Engineering teams to diagnose and solve pipeline, workflow, and other technical issues. The Technology Development Group is a fast-paced, dynamic organization. Candidates should be highly organized, adaptable, and have excellent communication skills. Evening and weekend work may be required according to business needs.
Education & Experience
Associate or Bachelors degree, creative certificate, or equivalent Film/TV experience preferred.
- * Experience working with AR/VR products (systems, content, and or experiences).
- * Lead Artist/Designer or Producer experience is a plus.
- * Experience in Flame, Nuke, and/or Unity a plus.
- * Experience with the latest Film/Broadcast Cameras, Lighting equipment and Production pipelines.
- * Passion for working on emerging technologies / nascent systems.
- * Experience with content security protocols required.
- * Understanding of Archival best practices, asset management, and server workflows required.
- * Working knowledge of Compressor, Photoshop, and DaVinci Resolve preferred.
- * Experience with software beta testing and bug logging/tracking preferred.
- * Photography background is a plus.
- * Experience with Legal clearances and Business Affairs is required.
- * Debugging experience on HW/SW systems is a plus.