Optical Sensing HW - Sensing System Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensing Technologies. The Sensing Systems team integrates optical, capacitive, MEMS, and magnetic sensors across a variety of Apple products such as the Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and more. Bring devices to life and enable them interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. The Optical Sensing team is looking for electrical engineers who knows analog, has board-level design experience and is a self-driven go-getter. Experience with photodiode front-ends, LED/VCSEL drivers, and basic optics is a plus.
- Strong electrical engineering background in analog and mixed-signal system-level circuit design
- Hands-on experience with board-level circuit design
- Experience in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools
- Scripting experience for data analysis and automation
- Sensor and systems integration experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills
- Experience with optical sensor systems is a plus
Key Responsibilities: • System-level prototyping, integration, characterization and validation • Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving • Sensor design/modeling and analog circuit simulations • Schematic design of boards and flexible assemblies • Future technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations • Business travel to support product development Cross-functional Responsibilities: • Manage cross-functional technical development of sensors • Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering, to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions • Ability to present to Executive Management on key developments / issues • Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments
Education & Experience
M.S./PhD in Electrical Engineering. Industry experience preferred.