Senior iPhone System Hardware Engineer (India)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Do you have a feeling of deep satisfaction when the work YOU were responsible for is showcased in a newly released product? Do you just beam at the thought of “I contributed to that!”? Would you like to have that same feeling again, and again? The iPhone team is looking for experienced Hardware Engineers who are motivated by the opportunity to provide design, test, validation, failure analysis and manufacturing support to our iPhone product, which will benefit millions of iPhone users worldwide. Using your skills in Electrical Engineering, you can make a difference in so many lives! Our team is collaborative, creative and passionate about what we do and the products we make. We want to hear from you!
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals including analog and high speed digital design
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Broad experience across different applications and technologies
- Strong desire to dive deep into system level issues and drive problems to closure in a team-based environment with a proactive attitude
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proven track record of leading dynamic multi-functional teams
- Familiarity with the challenges of taking a product from early architecture through to production
- Hands on experience with lab test equipment to debug difficult/intermittent hardware issues
- Fundamentals of Signal and Power Integrity
- Low voltage power regulation and delivery
- Use of scripting languages to assist with hardware development
- Experience in high volume mobile device / computers / consumer electronics preferred
- Experience of working in electronics factory preferred
- Experience managing a team preferred
This is a unique hardware position on an early stage team in India for the iPhone product that starts at product concept and continues all the way to mass production. You will be at the center of iPhone product development as the technical owner at Contract Manufacturer’s site to support various engineering builds. You will also get an opportunity to work together with international teams, and build up partnerships with local suppliers, universities. Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing) and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration), etc. Identify EE related issues in the field. Work daily with multi-functional technology teams in a fast-paced environment. There will be opportunities for international travel.
Education & Experience
BS Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent required; MS preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.