Safety Engineering Manager
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Passion works here, our community is made up of every kind of individual: artists and designers, engineers and scientists, problem solvers and doers. Together we build things and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. So if you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job. Just be ready to dream big! This role will be in Bangalore, India where you will build a team to work alongside safety engineers in the US and China to design and implement solutions for Apple products. We are looking for someone who will play a crucial role in building the safety team infrastructure in India at both Apple and contract manufacturer locations. Along with acting as a liaison with India/Asia based contract manufacturers, vendors and third party test labs to implement the best design practices and follow the highest quality test procedures. We are also looking for a candidate having detailed understanding of testing ITE products.
- Prior work experience leading teams in the safety quality or reliability of consumer electronics.
- Prior work experience at Apple, Apple vendors or India is a plus.
- Proficiency in reviewing and analyzing data from DOEs and presenting data to peers and management
- Ability to simultaneously collaborate with individuals from multiple contract manufacturers on defining factory test plans, training and data collection
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and proficiency in English and ideally Hindi as well
- Must be highly motivated and must have excellent organisational skills
- Experience with bring up and/or working in an accredited lab is a plus
In this role you will build a team that will be part of Apple’s centralized Safety Engineering team. You will work as part of a cross-functional team and be responsible for design, implementation, and verification of solutions on cutting edge consumer electronics products. You need to be able to deliver results under high pressure with tight schedules. You are expected to be innovative, strive for excellence with high motivation, drive action to completion. Frequent travel to contract manufacturer facilities and vendor locations in India/Asia and US headquarters is required. Flexible working hours is a must.
Education & Experience
BTech or MTech equivalent in engineering with 10+ years of proven track record is required. 5+ years or more years in management is preferred. Additional consideration will be given to experience with safety certifications or quality engineering in the consumer electronics space.