Product Design Engineer Manager - Mac
Austin, Texas, United States
Are you an experienced leader in mechanical design that loves applying your creativity, spatial reasoning & attention to detail to collaboratively solve design challenges? The Mac Product Design team is growing and we want you to help shape the future of our products and organization.
- Manager or Technical Lead of a mechanical design team with proven track record of shipping high volume consumer electronics products
- Ability to manage multidisciplinary cross functional efforts
- Strong analytical skills and engineering fundamentals in solid mechanics, material science, heat transfer, mechanism design, and manufacturing
- Proven experience in 3D CAD (NX and Teamcenter), 2D drawings, and tolerance analysis
- Knowledge of designing for manufacturability, assembly and reliability
- Experience engaging with manufacturers and ensuring product quality
- Creative and collaborative problem solver with experience in failure analysis and root cause investigation of multi-disciplinary problems
- Excellent communication skills: both written and verbal, ability to clearly communicate design ideas and chip in to brainstorms
- Receptive to feedback and ability to learn/adapt quickly in a dynamic environment
- A strong sense of ownership
- Travel up to 20% to California and Asia to support hands on work and factory builds
- Note: If you think you have the skills to succeed and are excited about this opportunity, please apply. You don’t have to have every listed qualification to be a phenomenal fit.
As a Mac PD manager, you and your team will be given ownership of the mechanical design of a product in the Mac portfolio. Under your guidance, your team will be responsible for the design, manufacturability, assembly process and quality, and reliability of these products. Your responsibilities will include: -Hire, mentor, and manage a team of 2-6 mechanical engineers -Cultivate an inclusive and collaborative environment that encourages your team to strive for excellence and maintain a customer-centric focus -Build design processes, reviews and validation plans to ensure the maturity of system design -Manage regular interaction with peers or senior management representing numerous functional areas within Engineering, Design, and Operations -Scope of role and responsibilities will be adjusted to match your experience level, strengths and goals.
Education & Experience
B.S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.