Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Reporting to APAC Compliance Senior Manager, this role has responsibility for the development and deployment of legal, regulatory and internal policy compliance programs in Greater China region. The individual will be a key resource to ensure cohesive communication and execution of compliance priorities and to introduce and implement compliance best practices.
- Being strategic in approach is critical.
- Proven, hands-on experience with implementing programs for a large, multinational company.
- Strong interest in compliance issues faced in the APAC environment and willingness to research and understand applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Good business judgment and excellence in problem solving.
- Strong writing, editing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain and develop relationships across a large virtual team.
- Strong data analysis skills and relentless attention to detail.
- Able to conduct presentations confidently and effectively without undue tension or nervousness.
- Ability to maintain composure when faced with tough and ambiguous questions during presentations.
- Competent language skills (written and verbal) in English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese (HK & Taiwan). Cantonese would be an additional advantage.
Provide pro-active leadership and support for compliance activities in the region (e.g. anti-bribery/corruption, export control, etc.). Evaluate and assess current processes to identify risks or areas of operational weakness and recommend and develop effective solutions. Strengthen the compliance infrastructure through process and tools adoption and compliance metrics and reporting. Development and deployment of regulatory compliance programs in the regional sales and distribution channel. Develop and provide training to employees on Apple’s Business Conduct Policy and other relevant compliance topics and to drive training initiatives throughout the region across multiple business groups. Participate in compliance investigations and coordinate with the business at all levels to ensure implementation of appropriate corrective and/or preventative actions to close out issues. Update various teams on pertinent legal and regulatory developments and compliance best practices. Develop and maintain strong relationships across regions and be in synch with business developments, risks and issues across geos so as to take a consistent approach.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or above. At least 8-10 years working experience with at least 3-4 years of experience in a compliance, regulatory process, or other controls type functions, like Legal, Finance or Forensic Audit.