Program Manager, Racial Equity & Justice Initiative - Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple is looking for a program manager for our growing Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives team. This role would help to shape objectives, advance strategic partnerships and drive external engagement around Apple’s new Racial Equity and Justice Initiative. You will have a strong background in partnership development, economic policy and/or social justice, strong written and verbal communication, and a deep understanding of corporate responsibility initiatives. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 7-10 years in a social impact communications, community engagement, social/economic policy or racial justice capacity for a large company or NGO, or in an agency setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of racial equity and justice, and broader social responsibility strategy from a government, non-profit or corporate perspective
- Effective meeting and event management and facilitation skills
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and foster productive partnerships
- Long-term strategy insight, including an ability to assess partnership opportunities for potential value
- Track record of effective program development in a corporate, government or NGO setting
- Experience working across the suite of Apple software
In this role, you will: Support a coordinated program development strategy to shape Apple’s social responsibility impact, with a strong emphasis on our racial equity and justice efforts. Contribute to internal and external communications strategy around opportunities and engagement. Build and drive strategic direction with the global teams, serve as a liaison on corporate efforts. Identify and develop key areas of opportunity across Apple’s external ecosystem to advance justice and equality.
Education & Experience
BA/BS and/or MA/MS in public policy, strategic communications, Black/multicultural studies, Political Science, Education or related field preferred.