Machine Learning Engineer - Generative AI
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
AI represents a huge opportunity to elevate Apple’s products and experiences for billions of people globally. Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for Machine-Learning engineers with a background and/or interest in Generative AI! You will be leveraging innovative Generative models to build fundamental applications on top of Apple’s most advanced technologies, while developing your expertise in Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR). The team comprises domain experts in Computer Vision & Natural Language Processing (NLP) who are involved with building prototypes as well as shipping features. We have multiple on-going projects and are looking for candidates with experience in neural rendering or large-language models (LLMs).
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or C++ with 5+ years of experience in using these languages for machine learning (ML) modeling and applied research
- Hands-on experience with building Deep Learning applications
- Proficiency in using ML toolkits such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.
- Ability to drive early-stage research projects with risks and ambiguity.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Communication and collaboration skills in a cross-functional setting. Ability to work hands-on with multi-functional teams.
- Passionate about building extraordinary autonomous systems with Generative AI
Are you passionate about building AI/ML products with focus on Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) applications? Are you passionate about solving hard problems? As a machine learning engineer on our team, you will design and implement ML algorithms that process data in different Apple products. The primary responsibilities associated with this position range from algorithm design and implementation, ability to integrate research into production frameworks, and collaborating closely with product teams before and after feature launch. You will work closely with other cross-functional teams to align messaging, contribute to roadmaps and contribute software back into different repositories for proper integration with core systems. You will write clean, maintainable and production code with appropriate documentation and tests. You will contribute to architecture decisions, design reviews and peer code reviews. We provide the right balance between research and product to deliver Apple quality state-of-the-art experiences on various Apple devices!
Education & Experience
Ph.D./M.S in computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, computer graphics, computer science or 5+ years of equivalent industry experience
- - Bonus: Strong publication record at top conferences such as CVPR/ECCV/ICCV/SIGGRAPH/NeurIPS/ACL/EMNLP/etc..
- - Bonus: Experience in neural rendering and 3D graphics, including neural radiance fields (NeRFs)
- - Bonus: Experience working with or developing Large-language models (LLMs)
- - Bonus: Experience developing and optimizing algorithms that run efficiently on resource constrained platforms