Wireless Silicon Validation Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Are you passionate about changing the world? Come and join us! As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly, and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles. Come join a team of expert software and hardware engineers with diverse backgrounds (Cellular Modems, Connectivity solutions, Device Drivers, CPUs and caching, kernel programming, embedded systems) to test Apple's next generation Wireless SoCs. As part of the Wireless team you will develop and port test software to evaluate functional blocks and debug silicon issues.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Experienced with embedded software
- Assembly language programming skills a plus
- Experience with hardware/software interaction
- You have familiarity with computer/system/SoC architecture
- You have experience and/or are interested in writing code to test IO devices and/or functional units
- Familiar with bench debug equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers and DMMs
You will work closely with designers and architects to understand various functional blocks and their use-cases. Write, debug, and integrate new tests for integrated Wireless chipsets, complex Digital Interfaces and Power Management Subsystems. You will push functional blocks to their limits and debug issues surfaced during testing. Work with other groups and organizations to push these tests down into pre-silicon environments. Work closely with hardware design engineers to debug silicon issues exposed during testing. You will Architect and test frameworks to scale into test racks and large-scale testing. Support product development builds locally and remotely.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / Ph.D in EE or CS is required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.