Analog Mixed Signal SerDes Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are seeking dedicated Analog Mixed-Signal designers to join our high-speed SerDes team. Our team specializes in building next generation high-performance wireline transceivers delivering intellectual-property (IP) for Apple’s world-leading system-on-chip (SOC). In this role, you will actively work with cross-functional Analog Mixed-Signal design teams to create and execute on state-of-the-art IPs key to Apple’s products. You will be challenged to make the best-in-class designs to surprise and delight Apple customers. With transforming the user experience in focus, you will get an opportunity to work on designs which makes the best systems. This enables you to learn end-to-end system while exceeding the highest expectations of quality, innovation and efficiency. Do you have strong fundamentals and a track record of tackling technical challenges? If you are passionate about learning new skills and improving the value of your work and if you like to be tuned to the bigger-picture while diving deeply into the details to innovate and tackle problems, we invite you to join and grow with our team!
- The ideal candidate should have deep knowledge of analog mixed-signal design with experience in high-speed serial links.
- Solid understanding and experience of designing analog mixed-signal circuit blocks including Bandgap, biasing circuits, LDO regulators, amplifiers, comparators, switched-cap circuits, ADCs, DACs, Oscillators, Filters
- Proven understanding of analog mixed-signal concepts like mismatch mitigation, linearity, stability, low-power and low-noise techniques
- Good grasp and understanding of digitally assisted analog design concepts (e.g. background calibrations, LMS based adaptive loops)
- Experience with high speed digital circuits (e.g., serializer, deserializer, counters, dividers, etc.) with solid knowledge of digital design concepts
- Knowledge of Tx/Rx equalization techniques and circuits (e.g. CTLE, DFE, de-emphasis) for 20+ Gbps NRZ and PAM applications
- Knowledge of CDR architectures and implementations
- Knowledge of lab equipments and testing
- Experience in Analog Mixed Signal circuit modeling and performance evaluation (e.g. SystemVerilog, Matlab, Python, VerilogAMS)
- Hands-on experience in advanced CMOS technologies, design with FinFet technology
- Hands-on experience with AMS IC development from definition to high-volume production including layout supervision, bench evaluation, correlation, and characterization
- EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS A PLUS:
- Concepts of timing closure and related industry tools (e.g., Nanotime, Primetime)
- Experience in lab testing of high-speed serial I/O, debug and data analysis techniques
- Knowledge of common high-speed SerDes protocols (e.g., PCIe, USB, DP, MPHY)
- Skills in scripting and automation to enhance efficiency are highly desirable
The Analog Mixed Signal SerDes Design Engineers work on the development of high-performance and high-speed AMS circuits used in SerDes PHY, including evaluation of different circuit topologies for specific product requirements (e.g., Rx, CDR, Tx, bias generator, high-speed clock generation and low-jitter distribution, phase interpolator, DLL, VCO) with best in class power, performance, and area (PPA). You will have the opportunity collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g., architecture, SIPI, packaging, board design, DFT, ESD) to create block-level specifications, and execute on transistor-level implementation and behavioral modeling. They drive mask design to implement layout view of designs. As Analog Mixed Signal SerDes Design Engineers, you will also work closely with SOC teams to deliver IP views and make sure they meet the quality standards. While developing these complex IPs, on regular basis you will interact with your peers/management to communicate progress and discuss new ideas making it a lively and interactive work environment!
Education & Experience
BSEE required with 3+ years of proven experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.