Carrier Technical Lead
Beijing, Beijing, China
Software and Services
The Carrier Technical Lead provides the key interface between our carrier partners and Apple’s internal engineering teams to facilitate and execute testing and validation of new hardware, software introduction and key infrastructure projects with carriers.
- Direct experience of having perviously worked with one or more China carriers, to deliver products that operate on their network, including supporting lab/field testing
- Familiarity with network cellular features, current deployments and future roadmap across China carrier networks
- Extensive proficiency and validated experience analyzing full stack logs of wireless protocols from 2G to 5G, VoLTE/VoNR/VoWiFi IP features and any future technologies
- Be comfortable using 3GPP/3GPP2/IETF/CCSA specification documents and the application into live networks
- Can-do and able to be firm with partners
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in both Mandarin and English
- Fluent in software engineering processes with considerable software release experience
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Obsessively passionate, inquisitive, and seek to resolve everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
- This role may require occasional international/domestic travel
The Carrier Technical Lead (CTL) is in charge of taking Apple cellular products through technical approvals with wireless carriers. You are responsible for introductions and trials of new wireless technologies and network-impacting features in Apple products. In this role you will analyze network features, carrier requirements and provide feedback to multi-functional engineering teams. You will be responsible for the investigation of carrier issues, partner closely with carrier personnel and our teams to debug and resolve issues. In addition, you will assist carriers with testing and work with them on the verification of fixes in new iOS software builds, prototype hardware or network changes.