SW Developer Engineer in Test- Apple Vision Pro
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Every new product we build, service we create, or Apple Store experience we deliver is the result of us making each other’s ideas stronger. That happens because every one of us shares a belief that we can make something wonderful and share it with the world, changing lives for the better. It’s the diversity of our people and their thinking that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. When we bring everybody in, we can do the best work of our lives. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something. Apple Vision Pro is a revolutionary spatial computer that seamlessly blends digital content with your physical space. It will allow us to do the things we love in ways never before possible — all while staying connected to the people around us.
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience
- Strong passion for quality assurance in software, including developing, extending and maintaining test plans, methodologies, as well as automation libraries
- Strong object oriented programming and software design skills, preferably in Swift and/or Python
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with test methodologies ranging from functional unit tests to non-functional exploratory testing
- Experience in building automated UI and non-UI tests for user facing applications
- Creative problem solver with a knack for building scalable solutions in a collaborative and cross-functional space
- Ability to proactively triage, investigate, and debug difficult technical and UX problems independently as well as collaboratively
- Highly organized with strong planning skills to estimate, update, and communicate progress
- Knowledge of the Apple development ecosystem using Xcode, Xcode Cloud, and XCTest/XCUITest preferred, but not required
In this role, you will be responsible for shipping world-class user experiences and act as the voice of our end-users. As an Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will help with developing and maintaining automated test suites for exercising various features of visionOS spatial compute applications and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability and performance. This role requires strong programming fundamentals and automation experience to help in all phases of the product release cycle. You will be responsible for designing and maintaining automation frameworks which involve deep integration and close collaboration with a cross-functional team of software development & QA engineers, architects, program managers, and other domain experts. Responsibilities include defining, implementing, and continuously evolving automated test frameworks, monitoring CI performance, test result analysis, as well as test triage and reporting. In this role you should be able to identify gaps in existing test plans and close them with scalability and maintainability in mind to complement the manual testing efforts. You will be responsible for driving all of the quality work you are doing and also be a strong advocate for quality in the overall software development process. This position requires a self-motivated and dynamic individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent professional experience.