Instructional Products - Instructional Designer
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Instructional Products team is seeking an Instructional Designer to develop end-user materials for Apple TV and Apple’s professional video products. The successful candidate is a self-starter who has a track record managing and delivering dynamic projects simultaneously with minimal oversight along with a background in video production or post-production.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Minimum of four years’ experience creating end-user instructional materials, or equivalent experience.
- Deep technical expertise in video editing, motion graphics, and compositing, along with the ability to synthesize and simplify that knowledge for beginners and pros.
- Experience working with software engineers, UX and graphic designers, and project managers.
- Good knowledge of tvOS, iOS, macOS, and/or web platforms.
You: Love words and language, and have strong opinions about style, grammar, tone, and voice. Are incredibly thorough, and can quickly spot errors and inconsistencies. Are extremely organized, and can keep track of key details. Can handle multiple projects simultaneously, shift gears on a dime when priorities change, and meet aggressive deadlines. Can learn new processes and tools quickly. Enjoy researching an issue and developing innovative solutions. Love collaborating with team members who work in other roles (designers, editors, engineers, marketers), and are happy to iterate on a piece to the point of perfection. Can write clear and engaging content for a variety of formats, and tailor your writing style as needed for different deliverables and audiences.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Technical Writing, Instructional Design, Instructional Technologies, Information Design, Film Production, Film Studies, Mass Communication, Journalism, Animation, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction or equivalent - Experience in instructional design, UX design, teaching, training, writing, video instruction or tutorial development