Analog Mixed Signal IP Post Silicon Validation
San Diego, California, United States
In this highly visible role, you will perform lab characterization and validation of various analog & mixed signal embedded circuits; and collaborate with multi-functional teams to launch the world's most premiere mobile SoC’s. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and especially motivated Analog Mixed Signal IP Silicon Validation Engineer! As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and great opportunity to work on upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day!
- Experience in AMS test development that includes: review specification document; draft validation plan; build test bench; and perform data collection with automation
- Strong fundamental understanding of analog & mixed signal circuitry in one or more of the following domains: PLL, Data Converter, DDR Memory, Temp Sensor, etc.
- Proficient in lab instruments such as Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Pattern Generator, etc.
- Experienced in scripting language, Python preferred, to automate test and analyze data
- Diligent & Emphasis on quality of results
- Initiative in taking ownership & responsibility to drive deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on lab experience including soldering/instrumenting systems is a plus
You will be part of a small team responsible for: Bench test, debug, and characterization of embedded on-chip circuitry (PLLs, DLLs, Clocks, Data Converters, DDR Memory, and various I/O Interfaces) Development of benchtop electrical tests exercising on-chip circuitry through a combination of FPGA, JTAG, SPI, and analog interfaces Drafting & Execution of scripts to automate tests, extract results, and generate reports using database and analytical tools Generating reports for characterization and/or debugging to provide design feedback In-system PI/SI measurements for correlation with simulation models Collaborating with cross functional teams including Design, System HW, and SW Supporting ATE and Product Engineering
Education & Experience
BSEE is required Minimum 20 years of industry experience